Yep! that's right....a sock monkey! Who doesn't love a sock monkey? Such a simple toy with a history. Mothers began sewing sock monkeys as toys for their children during the great depression. They used worn Rockford work socks that had the iconic red heal which creates the sock monkeys distinctive mouth.
So here it is.... A Cre8tive Concept Board. This is a gender neutral design for a kid's room,baby's nursery, or play room. All inspired by the sock monkey!
1.&2. Accent pillows gray stripe pillow, white/black pillow - timeless accents
3. Robot sheet set (found several) robot sheet set
4.Cable knit bedding - bedding
5. Low profile twin bed on casters
6. Sock monkey - every kid has to have one!
7. Hanging lantern's and poofs - these make amazing mobiles
8. coffee table -coffee table = play table and conversation area
9. chevron rug
10.roman shade - image via Coco Cozy - red accent color
11. floating shelf - great for displaying books, toys, and stuffed animals
12. Poof - perfect lounging for child or adult!
You may be wondering why I chose a coffee table for a kids space...but believe me it makes a perfect play table and it's just the right height. I advise you to go with an already distressed look...or your kids will do it for you! This rustic-reclaimed wood table looks great anchored on the black and white chevron rug.
So there it is...an entire room inspired by a sock monkey...old meets new with a contemporary flare!
Let me know what you think!
The next part of my Cre8tive Concept Boards will be...
I will be using items from the board above linking to where you can BUY the item or D.I.Y
(tutorials included!) -
Starting Monday! You will even be able to watch me DIY #8 The Coffee Table!!!
Buy or DIY...
Under the table and Dreaming
The DIY show off
I heart nap time
Sisters of the wild west