3.21.2011

Mason Jar Lanterns

(image via potterybarn.com) As spring finally decides to come around I am reminded of how much time we spend outdoors as a family when the weather is nice! The kids LOVE to be outside and Matt and I really enjoy it too. Although spring brings on other things.....work around the yard. Good thing we don't really mind it! We have a fairly large deck but not a ton of lighting. I saw these Lanterns in PB's latest catalog and knew I could manage to "knock-off" a few of these for those long spring and summer nights! I have a thing for mason jars anyway- and always have a ton laying around. I also had some leftover wire from installing our drop ceiling in the basement bath. Put them together, drop in a tea light and ...done! Estimated cost: less than a dollar per jar! I buy mason jars at the grocery store $5-6 per dozen. I had wire left over but have bought it EXTREMELY cheap by the foot at Lowe's. ***I just found a giant roll of picture hanging wire -also bought cheap at Lowe's and found this to be WAY easier than twisting two pieces of wire together - like I did the first time around! (image via potterybarn.com)


inside I used at babyfood jar with my tea light inside of that

The best thing...This only took about 5 minutes!


Linking to....

Under the table and dreaming

5 comments:

  1. Super cute! I've done that with pretty shaped jelly jars too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it...though arrrrrrrrrrr I tossed about a kazillion baby food bottles when we moved....I still have bunches of mason jars and tea candles...Thnx for the great idea.

    blessings Kelsie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made those yesterday and was going to post them today :)! I didn't think of using the baby jar though! I made them as an idea for my brother's upcoming wedding..how funny is that.
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these! I saw them in a PB catalog last summer and tore the page out with plans to replicate them b/c I wasn't about to pay that price! The page is still in my drawer! Thanks for the reminder and the tutorial! FOund you over at Under the Table and Dreaming.
    Jen
    Scissors & Spatulas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! Your blog is a wonderful inspiration, thanks.

    ReplyDelete